Bookmark and Share

Saturday 3 July 2010

Facebook... The Movie!

| | 0 comments


*Poke*


Have you seen this? I’ve just read in the side-line.com rss feed that there is going to be a movie based on facebook. No there actually is. And best of all the score for the film is going to be done by none other than everyone’s favourite social networker… Trent Reznor.

Trent announced his participation through NIN.com saying:

“I was planning on taking some time off after the continual waves of touring that ended last fall and spend this year experimenting around with what would become How To Destroy Angels and some new NIN. Well, that plan didn't work out so well. David Fincher started inquiring about my interest in scoring his upcoming film, The Social Network. Yeah, the movie about the founding of Facebook. I've always loved David's work but quite honestly I wondered what would draw him to tell that story. When I actually read the script and realized what he was up to, I said goodbye to that free time I had planned. Atticus Ross and I have been on a creative roll so I asked him if he wanted to work on this with me and we signed on.”

Trent goes on to say that the score is nearly complete and will be distilled down to be released as a record (or two).

*Like*

“The Social Network”, directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin and is based on the best selling book "The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal" by Ben Mezrich. The film will be distributed by Columbia Pictures and is to be released on the 1st of October 2010.

*Share*



It is understood that none of the current Facebook staff are in anyway involved with this project.

500 Million Friends.com

(Comment? Like?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Imago Alchemae: Imago Mortis on Tumblr

 
Twitter Facebook Tumblr Flickr Red Bubble