Bookmark and Share

Saturday 22 December 2012

25 of the top gothic/industrial (etc.) albums of 2012

| | 0 comments

I know there are still a few days ago but this is the only time I'm going to have to fit this in due to the launch of a new project (see the notes at the end for more. Anyway, 2012 has been a pretty good year for alternative  music, which is why this year I'm resorting to a list of 25 the best Gothic / Industrial (and related genres) releases this year has to offer. Not only that, but there have also been some great releases that don't quite qualify as albums such as live and remix albums as well as singles and EPs that shouldn't be allowed to slip under the radar just because they weren't full releases.
I've opted to present these in alphabetical order for the simple reason that when I attempted to assign ranks there were too many that were getting joint rankings. So I thought I'd just present my shortlist and let you all be the judges. So here are my picks (50 in all) of the best of 2012.

Note: Artwork, purchase links and videos are included where possible.


Full Albums [In Alphabetical Order]








































































































Miscellaneous (Live, Remixes, EPs & Singles etc.) [In Alphabetical Order]









































































































Well that's it. The end of 2012 and here are just some of my highlights from the year. If you like any of these releases please use the purchase links to support the artists.

Please also keep in mind that on the 1st of December 2013 I will be launching my own webzine Intravenous Magazine. Before then you can follow IVM on Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook to keep up with the latest developments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Imago Alchemae: Imago Mortis on Tumblr

 
Twitter Facebook Tumblr Flickr Red Bubble